Sunday, August 30, 2009

Who Likes To, or Dance Dance


Seems like another breath take weekend all over again, but this time it was more like a whirlwind. Thank God it's a Sunday today.

Where shall we start? We shall start on Thursday night.

THURSDAY NIGHT

We had our International Night celebration at the boarding school, where we ate food from everywhere (kind of), and watched performances. Since it was the first time Malaysia was going to perform, we were all kinda nervous, and me and Kai Shin didn't know what to do, so we just went up there and did what everyone else did. We sang "Here In My Home", a medly by various Malaysian artists, and even though we were superbly off tempo, we did do pretty well, and we were all quite happy with ourselves :D


The food at our table (complete with Jalur Gemilang)
Me and Made (pronounced Ma-Deh)
Me murdering Jonta :D
Jonta stretching ZeWei's face
Me and Guitar Hero


Me and Swapnil (DID U SEE HIM DANCE? OMG. I WANT TO DANCE LIKE HIM, NO SARCASM INTENDED. OMG.)

So after the dinner (there was no prep, for which all of us were grateful), me, Ryan and Juno went to Fairprice across the street (in the end none of us bought anything). And I ran around with my handphones and pretended to be a spy, and shot at everyone standing around. Mwehehe. Kai Shin couldn't stop laughing.

FRIDAY MORNING


We had lessons for 1 hour, then we went to the school Auditorium for Honours Day, where it was an award ceremony for to honour those who had brought the school glory in the sciences, arts, and sports, bringing a total of 1200 recipients. WHICH IS INSANE. All I did in the hall that day was talk with Nigel Tan (this crazy guy in my class who laughs too much, but I love him :D), and he was talking about all sorts of crazy stuff he did back when he lived in England.

Anyway, after the extremely long and boring period of time, went home, then had to go out for our penultimate band practice at Bugis. Since it was a different place from our usual studio, we were a bit late, but we managed to pull off a good practice. After that, was supposed to meet up with Jess Chen, but it was seriously messed up, so I had to take an MRT to another station 30 mins away, then when I got there I had to wait for like another hour before they FINALLY came. Josh Siaw, Mel, Patrick, Christabel, Sarah Lyn, Aunty Maries, Jess and some other people were there, can't really remember. Anyway, we wanted to take a bus to the Night Safari, but the last bus left 30 mins ago, so we took taxis there instead.

FRIDAY NIGHT

When we got there, we got our tickets and got on the Tram, where this commentator with a strange accent gave odd commentaries here and there. We took the tram through the "safari", and tried to take some pictures, but it was, obviously, NIGHT, and my lens is made for night shots, and we weren't allowed to use our flash, so I didn't get very good photos.


There was a moment when the lion was yawning, and I was so dissapointed I didn't get it :(

Trams looked like this
Grumpy Sarah

Anyway, after that went to take a walk around some trail, then went back to the Tram one more time, THEN we went to have possibly one of the most least-for-value meals I've ever had. Some dumpling noodle for S$14 (after using the 1 dollar voucher), and it wasn't even good (at all), and the portion wasn't that big. As I told Josh and Mel, tourist prices.

After that we watched the Show, which, I think, was actually pretty good. I LOVED the lady who did the whole thing, she was so quirky and witty and funny. Haha! And the animals were so cute! EEE.

When the show finished we filed out to take another quick walk, but then we had to go because Sarah and Jess' ride was coming, so we went to take a picture and then they had to leave. Since it was too late for me to return to the hostel (and face the wrath of my hallmaster), I decided to stay over at my godmother's house, but Mel called Pastor Nick Choo and asked if I could sleep over at their house. He said sure, so me, Mel and Josh took the bus to an MRT station ( I actually forgot which one), but we got off at the wrong stop, and the MRTs were going to stop running soon, so we ran to the MRT station and got on. After that we took a bus from Yishun bus interchange and got off at some stop and went up to Pastor Nick's apartment.

We got in, and I said hi, and I put my stuff down. They were very hospitable, but all I did was drink alot of their water and eat their buns XD I stayed up with Raymond (Ps. Nick's son) watching football (which I don't normally do XD) until like 2.30, then slept on a sleeping bag.

SATURDAY MORNING

Woke up around 10ish, Mel and Josh had left for their conference already. Back hurt because, well, I slept on the floor. Aunty Karen (Ps. Nick's wife) was there, and she gave me water (because I always ask for water, not milo or coffee or beer) and instructions on how to get to the mrt. I followed her instructions, and got safely back home at around 11.45 am.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON

I had to leave after like 30 mins of preperation, because I had to go early to Hotel Orchard to sound check for ASEAN dance later that night. We went there, but we were like superbly late, and so we could only practice a very soft version of our songs, and then at the end, the screw in the top of my bass strap fell off, so we had to go fix it. We went to get it fixed at Yamaha at Plaza Singapura, but they told us where we could get it fixed. So we went to get it fixed at some place, then we went back to Hotel Orchard for the final practice. After that, we went to go change in the toilet.

SATURDAY NIGHT-ASEAN DANCE!!!

When we got out the toilet we freaked out. There were so many people there, it wasn't even funny to us anymore. And when we put our bags in the unused room and came out, there were even MORE people there.

OMG.

Long story short, we went in, the event started, and after some random performances, we went on stage. Suffice to say, I think we did better than the other band that went before us, even though our songs weren't very well-known. Check the performance out @ http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1153933060806&ref=mf

After that, it consisted of us jumping around and singing like crazy on the dance floor. With all honesty, I consider Jimmy's saying "We set the mood" to be true. I kinda lead the ACS(I) "cheering squad" and when we jumped everybody jumped, and when we sang, they sang too XD

Met Yap there (with modified hairstyle), and her way of greeting me was a sharp slap on the back and then she walked of somewhere. Haiz, but I think she enjoyed herself enormously.

Pics!
Before the event
During the event
Us on stage
From Left: Billy, Jonathan, Kevin, Deiver, Me

It was, without doubt, the best night in Singapore I ever had. Check the photos on Facebook.
When it ended around 10.30, we still didn't leave, because our bus hadn't arrived yet, so we just hung around and took summore pictures. Reached back at around 12, slept at around 2.30.

What a weekend.



3 comments:

M said...

ooo...i know you slept at 2.30 cause i was chatting with cha!!! haha....=.=',what randomness!

almatari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
almatari said...

even though it was 'messed up' i hope u had fun (: