Friday, July 24, 2009

Gone Just Like That, or Feel Good Drag

So today after school was supposed to go for Physics make up practical, but I skipped it (I'll be going on Monday, haha) so I could go see a movie with Daniel, my classmate. He was supposed to go with a bunch of friends, but all the friends who were supposed to go from our school all balied on him, so since he didn't want to be the only guy I decided to go with him, and some of his Indonesian friends (who are all girls) from another school (Daniel is an Indonesian scholar). Eventhough like it was sure to be a bit uncomfortable for me ( I can't speak Hokkien for nuts and my Indon isn't too much of a big deal either) I didn't mind because I wanted desperately to watch Harry Potter and the Prince Who Lost Half of His Blood.

So we took the mrt to Orchard to meet his friends at Cathay (which me and Daniel had no idea where said location was) at 3.15, when his friend told him that the movie started at 3.15 instead of 4.30. So we were like, ?, and we kept walking, because we were'nt exactly late. So we eventually found it and waited there past 3.15 until his friends turned up at 3.35, then one of them went to change and we were like ridicolously late for the movie, and when we got to the cinema one other friend who had the tickets wasn't there and we were all like wondering what on earth was going to happen, so his friend called the ticket-holding friend and she was like in Dhoby Ghaut (which is another Cathay) and all of us were like ><

So we were all like HAHHHHH, but then the ticket-holding friend said she managed to change the time to 4.30 at Dhoby Ghaut, so we walked over to Dhoby Ghaut Cathay to watch Harry Potty! I watched it finish and I can only say one thing: SOMEONE BUY ME DRACO'S MALFOY'S SUIT. That suit is bamming man. Wow. All black.

My opinion? 2.30 hours, disappointing ending. How can the Death Eaters just walk out without getting confronted by the Order of the Pheonix? What a sad sad ending. Sad as in "I'm dissapointed" sad not the "This movie was so moving!" sad. Here and there funny lah. I think Ron did the lovestruck scene quite well.

Anyway, after that just me and Daniel went to the MRT station cos he was going back and I was going to Orchard to possibly look for a new pair of headsets (Yes, I know, don't lecture me). I walked around Orchard Road on a Friday night and wow, it's alive. So yeah, in the end headed to Takashimaya with the intent to go buy a book to read, and bam I saw:

I hope you're seeing this Kim :)

SO after that didn't really know what to do, so headed to Lucky Plaza to take a look, but just to look, because I didn't want to get potentially scammed. Again. Went to the MRT station in Orchard to get my MRT card changed for a new one, then I decided to go to this store that had a sale that we passed on the way to Dhoby Ghaut. Took the MRT to Dhoby Ghaut and then went to this store where I went a bit crazy and started trying on tons of clothes. Wanted to get alot of clothes, sadly no sizes...

But hey! In the end I bought 1 Long sleeve Shirt, 2 short sleeve shirts and 1 t-shirt for only s$41.20! What kind of crazy price is that? And I must say, I did a pretty good job myself ^^

I wanted to head back, so I was making ma way to the MRT station at Dhoby Ghaut, when I spotted Plaza Sing, which was where I bought my speakers last time, remember? So, hoping I could get a pair of headphones there, I went in to take a look at BEST (some Tech store), but all they had were headphones for Skype and the like, so I left, dejected and disappointed. Decided then to take a walk around Plaza Sing, and ON THE SAME LEVEL, I found a store SOLELY dedicated to SOUND. Speakers. Headsets. The works.

*The choir sings.*

I was like, Ironic much? so entered the store and started looking at the headsets there, and they're the good type, like Ultimate ears, Sony, Senn smth and yeah. So there was me browsing, when this young lady sales assistant person came up to me. I asked whether it was possible to test this Sony I was looking at? She said no. So I said which is the best she would recommend in this price range (s$50)? She directed me to another section where I tried headphones again and again with my trusty iTouch. In the end I settled for this Creative, which I made her take out, and if I didn't pick that one, she would have to repack it, so I did do her a little favour XD

But yeah, I'm quite happy with my purchase. It's this obnoxious big pair that I've always wanted to have, so when I'm not using it I can just hang it around my neck for convenience sake. Ah, contentment.

After that, ate McD, read my new book, used my new headset, then finally went back to the boarding school, where I blogged about my superbly eventful day. There goes my cash.

"But I am the Chosen One."
*Whack




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Woooo I love Jerry Spinelli xD His novel has a very, kind of mysterious sense :D I'm reading Eggs, and it's really good :D

Nijiru said...

I LOVED STARGIRL! It was such a good book, and everyone whom I lent it to all said it was good... And I'm surprised u would read his books XD

Unknown said...

I also intended to translate it into Vietnamese! xD
Haha, I just went to the bookshop, take a look at those English books, and I took Eggs :D I'll try to find Star Girl here xD

Anonymous said...

bamming? haha,nigel chins got into your head ;p

NigeL said...

ugh! hahaha wat do u mean i got into ur head..yea nigel u say bamming now! PASS IT ON!!! *MAJESTIC BACKGROUND MUSIC*
anyway.. HP sucks rite!! and isnt hermione just super gorgeous :P:P