Thursday, May 14, 2009

Redondo, or Say Ok

Redondo is this cracker/wafer stick thing that comes in this circular tin. It comes in four different flavours: Chocolate, Hazelnut, Vanilla and Cappuccino. So far I've tasted all, and to me the best is the Hazelnut one. To qoute The Simpsons (and I use this qoute loosely), "It's like having a lap dance in your mouth."

Now, what am I getting at here? 

I'm not really sure. Usually I have some sort of point to make.

But no, this time I just want to say that Redondo tastes really, really good, and I'm bringing some back when I return to KK. 

I just returned from talking to my hallmaster (whom name shall not be revealed just in case someone searches her name and finds my blog). Whenever anyone is called to her room, everyone in the vicinity usually hushes up or gives the expected 'OOO'. It's not exactly an unpleasant experience, but we dread it, because usually we're not called because we won the lottery or something. No. Never. I think.

Anyway, she called me because she heard that I wanted to 'pindah hall'. Apparently there's no more spaces left, and, to reassure me, she showed me the list of the halls. She was right. There aren't any places left in any of the halls except for the dormitory*, and it's not really much of a choice. And she then told us about not going home. I still don't get that. Why can't we go back if it's a long weekend? Just because we buy tickets doesn't mean we want to waste money like that. I'm just lucky she didn't mention anything about the internet, which she won't let us subscribe to.

To her benefit, she DID give me some layer cake from Indo (she's like that).

Anyway, I'm not sure how to proceed now. I told her that I need to move because I need my laptop to write. She said it's fine, but in IB there's no time to pursue 'activities' such as this. I don't know. I actually do see some sense, but I want to write. But there's no space. Can't I get anyone to switch rooms with me?!?! 

(Probably not).

*The dormitory is different as in instead of 2-6 a room, this time it's  14 people in a room, with an assistant halltutor staying in the same room as you. The aircon is always on, but in return is less privacy, less room, more noise... Not really a desired choice.


No comments: