Tuesday, June 16, 2009

2nd glances, or Right Here Waiting

It still hasn't been ONE SINGLE DAY where yours truly has sat a day at home doing nothing. I HAVE to get out of the house, just for a while, to go do something other than sit at home.

Yay me!

From what I can see though, is that even though you have been part of them before, now they have new things to talk about, different things that they share that you don't know about. And it's as if you're slightly separated from them, because they now have their own life now. Imagine a circle and a dot. Now, the dot used to be in the line in the circle, but now it's in the circle, all by itself. It's not like it doesn't completely not belong; it somehow doesn't fit.

But I'm glad to see everyone, and I think a lot of people are surprised to see me as well. More than once, I've had people glance at me once, then had their eyes search my face as if they know me from somewhere. Hey! It IS me! That's what happened at school on Monday.

I went to school with Nigel Chin and it was raining buckets. Elaine did the 2 glance thingy, I attended perhimpunan, said hello to a few teachers, slept at the pondok, walked around during both recesses, kelefe in Drama practice, watched the audition for teacher's day performances. Now, I might have dumbed it down a little bit, but boy. That was something. It has been six whole months since I have actually sung the school, state and national anthem. Nostalgia much? Maybe, but I believe I am due a little bit.

I am proud of All Saints. I am proud to have been a member of the great community that comprises of the staff and pupils of the school. Most of all, I'm glad to still be treated as a member of the All Saints family.

What We Do, We Carry Through.

I'll see you guys at school.

1 comment: