Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Cupboard is Full, or Nobody's Perfect

I have too much food.
I can very guiltlessly say that, hey, it's not my fault at all. Who asked the food in Sabah to be so dogone expensive? Not me. Who ask the food here to be cheaper? Not me either. Who made the choices of food here wide, interesting and more than back home? Not me. So I can eat all my food without feeling at all guilty.

The amount of food I currently have:
2 1/2 Fruitips Packets
1 Gobstopper Packet
2 Boxes of Shapes
20+ Lollipops
1/2 Canister of Pringles
A bag of Maltesers 
3 Bags of huge Chips (Lays, Ruffles, Doritos. Anyone knows what flavour I like?)
1 1/4 Boxes of Poptarts 
2 Watchamacallits Bars
1 Bag of Famous Amos
3 Boxes of Hello Panda
4 Cans of AnW Rootbeer
A small white container of Nerds
3/4 Hi-C Chewies (ok, it's not technically junk food, but it's yummy)
1 Packet of Oreos, Peanut Butter Chocolate
1 Packet of Chipsmore
1 large Lexus Peanut butter cookies Box
2 Instant Noodles Cups
1 Fabulicious (?) Wonka Thing

Things I acquired, but not shown:
2 more boxes of Pop Tarts (Kai Shin, my new roomate gave them to me for my Bday)
1/2 Contained of Pineapple Tarts
1/2 Sacher Chocolate Cake
1/2 Marshmallow Chocolate Puff Thing

The mart across my school, Fairview, sells the giant packets of chips for $3.42. OMG. Back home, it would easily cost me 12 dollars. I mean, it would be a Crime (with a capital C) to NOT buy it. I don't want to be a criminal.
So I did.

At Cold Storage, Vivocity, I saw a whole row and more of Pop Tarts of different flavours. My jaw dropped, no kidding. I haven't had those things for ages, and now here they were, as if a miracle from above. Miracles shouldn't be taken for granted.
So I didn't.

Don't worry Kimbo, if you're somehow reading this, I bought one box of Pop Tarts just for you, and I'm bringing it back home for CNY. I won't eat it, because I have all I would want right here :)

Prices of things here are so much cheaper. Think with me in S$ for a moment, not RM. 3 original Baleno shirts for 10$. I mean, COME ON. And 2.50$ for a reasonable bowl of Wan Ton Mee. Pass the pepper, please.

This might also be the result of the Recession going on now, but who cares? With shops like Zara, Levis, Nike, Nautica and Mango all going on sale, I think we should all do our part by contributing to our 'failing' economy, no matter who we are, where we are, and how much money we earn.

This isn't me suddenly being very materialistic and consumerist. No. It's not. Rather, I just want to help. I won't simply buy the 18-55mm lens for my Nikon D40. No. I'll let my mother do it for me.

So let's all do our part, and buy potato chips and laze around on the couch.

Hey, it's the economy we're talking about. We're all going to grow up and work someday.

If you're reading this mum, erm, well, it's not true! It's a lie! I wouldn't buy so much junk food! No! I wouldn't! :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Deary =) don't get fat when come back here ^^

Andrew Lyn said...

LOL..
I cannot stand food like that. haha. Snacks are not exactly my thing. I prefer eating nice filling food like rice with pork or beef or lamb or vegetables or something. Not snacks. :D..

But still, that may be a method of putting on weight. xD

Nijiru said...

Hey, you know me. I eat EVERYTHING :)

N thanks Ri ^^

Anonymous said...

0.0.. you bah ish.. people yang push herself to go train. you here talk bout junk food XD hope you had a great b'day =)

Raymond Goh said...

Dont get scared if you wake up in the middle of the night and you see your food gone and me sleeping on the floor! =P

Denise said...

Haha..Raymonddddd!!

20+ lollipops??? Nigel, nigel..

Nijiru said...

Hey Hey, Lollipops are awesome ok :)
Raymond, DONT U DARE. I WILL FLY BACK N EAT UR FOOD. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!