Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Life in Singapore, or I Miss You


Sorry everyone.
I wanna apologise firstly for abandoning my first blog. Xanga's speed is, yes, very slow. So I dumped it.
I also wanna apologise for leaving abruptly and not telling anyone earlier beforehand. It may not seem fair, or whatever, but it's less painful that way.

*sigh

My first day of school was so confusing. I didn't know anyone, I didn't know where everything was, and I was so glad to have my first day over to find out that my class had to be changed.

Oh yeah, let me first say, that Anglo-Chinese School (Independent) (henceforth referred to as 'ACS (I)' ) is the HUGEST SCHOOL I HAVE EVER BEEN INTO. Including most Universities as well. It is HUGE. Swimming pool, squash courts, tennis courts, futsal court, THREE auditoriums, Art roomS, Music roomS, LabratorieS, and more than a hundred classes, this school is simply crazy. It's actually possible (and I kid you not) to get completely LOST.

Anyway, my first class was 3.13, but I didn't want to take Biology (useless). So  I was transfered to 3.18. At the end of the day, I was transfered again to 3.17. So instead of Shanghai, I'm going to place I wanted to, Ho Chi Minh. Yay! 

Day 2, Monday, 4th Jan
Assembly today is in Audi 2. 3.17 sits straight in front,  close to the school band. It is a complete orchestra, with timpani, fluteS, drumS, cello and, wait for it, a HARP.
Monday Chapel (which is actually assembly) takes up a while, because our headmaster talks alot. We miss PE.
The band is asked to play the school song, which is different, because usually we use taped music in All Saints. When they started playing, it was the most beautiful music I have ever heard from a live band. I am Serious. It was lovely. 

After that, they played another song while we sat and listened. It was beautiful.

After that was recess.

After THAT, we had Core Math. Teacher is okay. I HATE Cmath. Such a nuisance. Im gonna need tutoring or something.

MT next. MT stands for Mother Toungue, which im taking standard Malay. I mean, why take Higher Malay? HAHA. Teacher's okay. Only like 8 of us in Standard malay, haha.

Chemistry. Teacher didnt come in. We didnt do anything too :D

Adv Math next. I LOVE Amath. So easy. So understandable. Logical. I love it ^^ And Mr. Gabriel Phee is a good teacher.

Day 3, Tuesday, 5th Jan

MT First. Nth special. We marked each other's karangan. Mine got very little mistakes. It's not really fair for the rest of them, cause they're not malaysian and didn't get an A for BM in PMR XD

Cmath nxt. I had to write stupid thing 5 times cos i didnt know what to do.

Recess, then Amath again.

Physics. Our PCT is teaching us physics. I'm not to sure what PCT is either XD I like physics. It's alrite.

Chem next. Teacher is quite strict, but he's a good chap. He didnt have a lot of time bcos his previous year students went to collect their IB results, which came out today.

History. My 3.18 class teacher, Mr. Moghan teaches History. He makes it so interesting, but today's lesson was cut short, because we went to Audi 1 for IB results reveal or something.

The IB results were so good (427 candidates, 426 got 32+/45, 9 perfect scores (45/45) and average score of 40.1) that we were actually given a holiday on Friday! HAHA. So odd.

School was over. Had a good chat with my good friend after school :)

Day 4, Wednesday, 6th Jan

History. Mr Moghan talked about the Naning Incident, which is really cool, but gross. He showed us pictures of Japanese torturing Chinese villagers in the village of Naning. He told us the stories of the pictures as well. The last picture was gruesome, but the story was even worse. I actually retched a bit. Poor Chinese.

IHS. Our teacher is really boring. Sadly :( IHS  actually looks interesting..

Cmath again. I DID MY WORK THIS TIME, HAH.

After Recess, Phy agn. Nth special. Then PC, which is time for the class to settle class affairs, like class council and crap. For absolutely no reason, I was elected as a member, and now I'm class sports rep (?).

Chem Practical. Quite interesting, we all went up to the Chem lab and examined all the instruments, and Mr Venthan told us a lot of stories involving accidents in the lab XD 

MT next. Nothing special.

That's school. Haiz.

I miss home. I'm coming home 23rd. 16 days to go...

I hate this Part Right Here.

5 comments:

Darian said...

wa..so detail ah ur life..haha

Anonymous said...

haha =) what Darian said =) NIIIIIIIGEEEEELLLLLLLLL.=) have fun bah. God bless!

<3 Jess
p.s. get a cbox =)

Thomas said...

Lol Gabriel Phee! Goodluck. =). I don't know him but I heard he's super strict and I think became the new disciplinarian after I left.. Haha..but he's a nice guy...just be a good Nigel and he'll treat you very well... I also heard that the White/Ang Mo History teacher Mr. Morgan Daz or something like that is very good...gives big tips on big exams..haha..

Lol, you'd rather go to vietnam over China??? =/...In any case luckier than me and Ian Goh....haha...we went to Bali, Indonesia, and cos our Malay is like so pro compared to Singaporeans (but so noob compared to like NIGEL CHEE) a lot of ugly Indonesian girls started bothering us...lol...but anyway in the end it wasn't so bad. I also heard China was kinda cold and polluted and boring anyway.
Yeah you should take Higher Malay! Seriously,I think you get extra credit later on or something..

Don't worry man! ACSI Will be like the best school EVER very soon! Lol, class sports rep is the easiest job. Seriously do nothing and you get to say you're on the CLASS COMMITTEE and make everybody think you're so pro. what cca are you joining?

Nijiru said...

I joined Photography: Simple and easy, cos im good at it XD

P.s. Mr Moghan is Indian eh XD

Denise said...

You're going back soon..dont think so much..=)