Thursday, January 22, 2009

Must You? or I'll Attack


Complacency.

What is it? It is to be complacent. What is that? It is to be comfortable where you are. That is not a good thing. That is a bad thing. And out of my mouth, this is probably one of the most ironic statements ever made.

The thing about belonging to rich families in this decade. You always go through change. Handphones and cameras are getting better, fashions come and go, and progresses keep on coming. And we want it all. We cant stop. We want the best. We want what pleases us. We want what 'makes us happy'.

While on my field trip at Vietnam, I was admiring the scenery on top of Mt. LangBiang. My, what beautiful scenery. 

And all those spoilt little kids could say was:
"I'm Bored."
"We walked all the way for this?"
"This is a stupid view."
"Can we go now?"
"I wish I had my PSP now."

But some of them were appreciative of course. The view attracted many creative eyes, and there was a lot of pictures taken.

They just don't get how fortunate they are. I mean, what school makes it COMPULSORY to go overseas to experience different cultures and experiences? All they wanted to know was when the bus ride would stop and whether or not the hotel would be staying in was 5-star or not. In my old school, we would have been overjoyed just to visit the island or something, man.

I'm grateful for what I have. I am content. I am not in want.

I wonder how much money I'm going to receive this year for CNY.

4 comments:

Raymond Goh said...

And you're friends with these ppl? =P

almatari said...

=)
glad, your content.

almatari said...

oh.. almatari was Jesschen.

Nijiru said...

Not all of them are like that Ray XD they're an ok bunch..