Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I Saw It Again!, or There And Back Again

I found my diaries.

My first one was this cute little diary with a bunch of animals on the front. The diary followed my exploits through our win in Primary Choral Speaking all the way to Penang, through the 2004 Tsunami, to Singapore, Perlis, I went there. Seeing my writing as a child, seeing a honest view through the eyes of my younger self, made me realise how simple and less tragic my life was last time.

My second diary is a blue, Camel notebook, thick, and with page numbers, which I loved. I stapled so many things in my diaries, but this diary really took the cake. It followed me all the way to Sarang, through my first relationship, through my second, and my third. It's full of memories, from the eyes of someone growing up, struggling to find his self- identity, flying all the way to Vietnam, Bali, Australia, up to camps, in to school, full of written memories that make me laugh aloud or stretches a sad, sad smile on my face.

The third diary was one of the best. I received it for Christmas, a moleskin diary for 2007. It was nice, small, good enough for me to fit in my SMALL SAINTS blazer back when I served as a prefect, keeping my company during my duties, and it's filled with quotes from that year, which have been rewritten in my quote book.

My fourth diary is incomplete. I found it and started to pour over the pages, later writing about my miserable life, the troubles I've been going through. I'm going to keep writing, because they're more heartfelt and more honest, and I don't have to pretend, because no one's going to see it. A blog is more of a statement to the world. A diary? A journal? That's for you to know, but for no one to find out.

You know what I saw there, Ri? I was foolish too.

1 comment:

[ ♥ тαммι ¢нєяιѕє ] said...

Nice. I love looking through my diaries as well, and am slightly regretful that I've ceased to keep one =\ It's all about blogs now -_-