Sunday, November 29, 2009

Coup De Grâce, or The Kill

Love is any of a number of emotions related to a sense of strong affection[1] and attachment. The word love can refer to a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes, ranging from generic pleasure ("I loved that meal") to intense interpersonal attraction ("I love my husband"). This diversity of uses and meanings, combined with the complexity of the feelings involved, makes love unusually difficult to consistently define, even compared to other emotional states.

As an abstract concept, love usually refers to a deep, ineffable feeling of tenderly caring for another person. Even this limited conception of love, however, encompasses a wealth of different feelings, from the passionate desire and intimacy of romantic love to the nonsexual emotional closeness offamilial and platonic love[2] to the profound oneness or devotion of religious love.[3] Love in its various forms acts as a major facilitator of interpersonal relationships and, owing to its central psychological importance, is one of the most common themes in the creative arts.


Without trust, there is no love. Love makes us mad, makes us jealous.


How very coincidental that Moulin Rouge played on the telly today. Truly, though, there is no appropriate or correct or even an accurate description of love. It's whatever you want it to be. It can't be held, it comes and goes as it pleases, and the worse part is that you have no hold over it whatsoever, unless you are a robot, or a very disciplined person. It drives you to do things that on paper and through logic, makes no sense whatsoever, right?


I mean really, when does love ever make sense? It doesn't! Not at all! You don't love with your mind; it's a heart thing, if you understand. Although some may have tried, there is no "formula" for love. You can't look at someone (at this is actually what a lot of people do) and say,"Hmm, nice face, good body, he likes things I like, so I love him." Well, you CAN, and that may be YOUR definition, but then I must say what a shallow, shallow person you really are. You just love someone. You just do.


Someone who I found that I DO love (not in the romantic way, just in the admiring way) is BETH RIESGRAF.


Beth Riesgraf plays Parker on the series "Leverage" of which I have finished watching season 1. Although not seen in this picture here, Riesgraf has this impish and cunning smile, and she is adorably cute whenever she does anything criminal. She's so cute! And this coming from me never having a celebrity crush. I'm not crushing on her, but I mean, I LOVE HER!

Do you understand? :)

No comments: