Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tweeting at WIT, or I Gotta Feeling

So I was right, right?


What was I right about? That this weekend would be a busy, busy one. Sunday was fun, at night we went to The Fullerton hotel to celebrate my Godmother, Yeoh Siew Hoon's **th B'day (I won't put her age here, just in case she doesn't want to see it!). First we went to the rooftop for cocktails (I just had champagne), and the view from the rooftop was fabulous! You could see the old Singapore (The courthouse), the now Singapore (The Esplanade), and the future Singapore (The IRs, or Integrated Resorts). It was quite fun, and yeah, the company was fabulous, as usual. I hang out with the oddest but most fun people, and they're all more than half my age. But I really love their company, because once they get to know me and my sister, they don't look at us all reproachful, condescending, etc.

We had one of the most wonderful dinners I think I've ever had. Wow.

Anyway, some pics!


Amazing view.


All of us on the roof, before we went for dinner.


Me, (from left) Corrine, Meenah, Jenny


(From left) Lay Cheng, Don, Craig's Thai gf, Christine

(from left again) Jon, Yi Ling (Godma's niece) , and the B'day "Girl" herself

It was great fun.


Monday, me and Kim went to help out Mario and Morris, these two great guys at their Brand Karma talk. Although we felt really out of place, it was eye-opening. Think about it, when you pick your holiday destinations or hotels to stay at, would you rather believe the websites of the places themselves, or stories from people you know that have been there already?
"Our story beats their story" So true.

All these big shots in Suits.Me and Kim got plenty of stares, like "Wtf are these kids doing here?"

After that another cocktail party XD With AWESOME sushi!




And today, Tuesday, I'm now at the Web In Travel (or WIT for short) conference which my godma is organising, she's on the stage now with some more guys in Suits.

What is my role? I'm a Tweeter, Tweeting and the Twitters' Roost :D


The ballroom



More later.

No comments: