Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Portrait of the Past, or How I Go

If you think about it now, we wouldn't really know what's going to happen a year from now, do you? No, you, me, we, have no idea at all.

I wouldn't expect to be in Singapore, during prep time, typing this blog post, for starters.

No one would have guessed that Obama'd be the first black president of the United States.

I couldn't believe that Dean would get taller than me.

Who would've thought I'd spend my birthday alone?

I never thought I could Facebook so much (Result of horrible boarding school life)

Did you know that Micheal Jackson would die this year? Would you even guess it was this close?

I thought that my grandfather would live forever.

I never thought that my book would finally get published.

I thought I would hate flights only when I was a lot older, but I hate them already.

On a similar note, I never thought I'd miss a flight, ever. I missed two this year.

I never thought that I would lose my emotions.

I didn't think I would jailbreak my iPod.

If you told me I would ever run out of money because of foolish spending, I would laugh.

Never, ever would I think that my faith would be lost.

Who would give a thought that the language systems for math and science would change back?

Couldn't have guessed that feeling so lonely was this bad.

Who'd have known that Ellen would be the new American Idol judge? Certainly not me.


I think even, maybe, when I come back, I won't be the same. I don't think you'll ever see me smile as much as I did back then.

Usually I'm quite a happy guy, right? Or maybe I was. If I saw myself back then, I would slap myself and shake him so bad, and then both of us would probably get in a fight. But. That doesn't really make any sense. Whatever.

Heard the phrase, "Life is so much better when you're happy to be alive"? I so totally agree. I just wish it was that way for me.

Seriously, I don't think anything could make me feel genuinely unconditionally happy. Not even to go back home.

Wow, I just realized how depressing that sounds. I don't wish I could relive my life.

Sadly, I just kinda wish I didn't exist.

You lost it? You lost my ring?

4 comments:

Raymond Goh said...

Dont worry about being lonely... A homeschooler faces loneliness pretty much everyday...

Trust me, you'll get over it... =)

M said...

same boat....we need to talk!! hahaha

almatari said...

): nige.. v needa talk. pls?

JoShUa Ho said...

:) Be perky baaah. . .