Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Little Things We Share, or Hanging By The Moment

Isn't it great that there are just so many things to talk about in this world? How easy it is to change from one topic to another topic with ease?

Okay, what nonsense that is, right? Both sentences do not have to do anything with each other. As many topics about anything and everything in the world (music, movies, books, food, food, food, school, porcupines), and indeed, there are many things (including food), it isn't always easy to talk to someone.

I know A LOT of people who are chatterboxes, but those boxes are closed; shut tight, firmly locked. All you need is the key to open this box, and voilĂ ! Instant chatterbox (just add water). So many of these people complain on the inside of being lonely and that no one ones to be their friend. Believe it or not, I was one of those people. All it took was someone to open me up.

I'm generally like that, too. Whenever I go to a new place, I don't talk to anyone. I plug in my iPhone, listen to music, and alienate myself from the strange surroundings. As soon as someone starts talking to me, though, I open up to them, and the earphones are put away.

It's like that story of the frog? The frog who is taking a bath, and the water gets too warm, and he gets comfortable, and after awhile he's boiled alive. Disgusting as that may sound, the whole point of the story is "don't get comfortable with what you're doing. Complacency is dangerous". And Indeederific, it is.

Over the past few weeks, I've been making new friends, making old friends, making a mess, and making a plan (okay, that's not grammatically correct, but I need to put 'making' one more time). I'm devising a plan for my mother on mother's day, and I'm not sure how big it will be, but it will definitely be successful, eh Josh? But I know you don't read my blog, so never mind. If anyone is reading this and knows Josh Ronald tell him to start blogging again, he hasn't done it for 9 months.

Anyway, I hope this people skill thing comes in handy one day. In fact, I hope I'm able to make a living out of it. That'd be great, because it'd cut studying time.

Which reminds me.
I have my exams in a week's time.
It doesn't feel like it though.

Ah well. BZZT.

Note for self: Lol, remember at the start of your blog, where you refused to write about yourself and what happened everyday? That's what you've become, Nigel. This is the kind of shit you should be writing again.

Note: I love my scarf!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

instant chatterbox! (just add water)

i'd think your people skills are already... well, above average. :)