Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Declaration, or Dare You To Move

Last night we didn't have worship practice, but Josh Ronald asked me to go so we could work on our previous song (PRESS ON!! PRESS ON!!) a bit and to write a new one. Since I had a gist of a song in my head already, I was all for it.

So we went and fiddled with Press On, then we came up with what may well be the BEST SONG EVARR!

The Declaration
Music and Words by:Joshua Ronald, Nigel Chee and Joshua Siaw

This song is our act of declaration for the greatest and most worthy of causes.

Intro

A E B C#m x2

Verse

E F#m A

The mighty things you’ve done I know by heart, I know by heart

E F#m A

Though I may not understand the things you do for me

C#m B A

Still your promises remain

C#m B A B

Promises that help me let the whole world see, that

Chorus

A B G#m C#m

This is our declaration, whoa whoa

A B G#m C#m

Sing out your proclamations, whoa

A E B C#m

That Jesus lives in me, and now I’m gonna let the whole world know

A B

That Jesus lives

Inside of me

Bridge

A E

Now I’ll run with wild abandon

B C#m

‘Cos the truth has set me free

A E B

Christ in me the hope of Glory

A/C# E/B

I’m gonna finish this race

B/D# C#m

With the strength that he gives

A/C# E/B

I’m gonna shout out ‘Jesus lives!’

B/D# C#m

And He saves, He saves

BEST PART EVER

A E B C#m

WHoaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooo whoaaaaaa oooooooo who ah oh ah ohhhhhh

WOOT BEST SONG EVARRRR! Glory to God! (not part of the song)


The actual only reason I posted this is so that if I forget I can always use my iPhone to come back online and check the lyrics and chords. The Woah melody is still stuck in my head.

Did I mention Revo came? Must say that there should always be two nights to a Rally: The first is the 'Rally', where people actually come to know about it. The second night is the 'Harvest', and we know what happens there. We know that the Revo here was supposed to end with a bang, but somehow the atmosphere wasn't right. Next time, Revo team, we're waiting. But we don't need them to be energised. Hey! Be the change! Write amazing songs like me XD I'm joking of course.

But really. This is how I know to make a change; it may not be as impac-ful as other revolutionaries, but hey, it's a change.

What are you going to change?


No comments: