Saturday, February 14, 2009

What It Comes To, or Live Your Life

My school has this period called 'PC' where usually a guest speaker comes to speak to us and educates us in some way. This time, however, our class teachers came in (presumably because they couldn't find anyone to 'educate' us). They tried to get us to set our goals, to prioritize and prepare for the future and crap.

So before any of us could leave, Mr Jeffery Tan made us name what we wanted to make ourselves in the future, or something like that. So answers kept coming, such as businessman, toilet cleaner, Millionaire, Billionaire, the world's first Trillionaire, PE teacher (that's Mr Jeffery Tan's post), normal person (Kossen, who else would say that), architect, engineer and all sorts of occupations. Then it finally came to me.

Now notice, that all that was mentioned was occupations and jobs. Nobody actually said what they WANTED, just what they wanted TO BE. When it was my turn I simply said

"I want to get married."

And of course, everyone laughed (we were all laughing for no reason at everyone's answers anyway). But that's what I want to make of myself. If all everyone wants is to get a job, there wouldn't be anybody left on earth. But I shouldn't be surprised, I was in a Singaporean school and class, where everyone aims for ambition and career. But that's what I want. I want to be happy. Of course I will get a job, but I don't see my future as a 'job'. I see it simply as 'future'.

 So yeah. I'm just waiting. And waiting. Maybe I'll get a job to pass the time.

"Marriage has many pains, but celibacy has no pleasures".

Happy Valentines Day, Ri.


I'm going to have to get a job for you ><

4 comments:

Thomas said...

Haha....so true! Job is just to support the family...this just shows the intellect level of NIGEL CHEE...

Andrew Lyn said...

awesome post man..
very true.

love how you put it though.
happy belated valentines day! :D

almatari said...

uitsna, intellect level of NIGEL CHEE XD.

happy belated valentines nigel =) hope u had an awesome one..

Nijiru said...

Thanks Thomas.
Thanks Andrew even more :)
Thanks Jess :)