Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Naughty Table, or Niggas in Paris

Hey,

I just wanted you to know that you're the best thing that could ever have happened to me. You're the reason that when I smile, I smile and I'm not sad after. You know what I mean, right? Like, when you're out with your mates, or when you read a funny thing on the internet, or when you trip yourself on the pavement and smile sheepishly in spite of yourself. I do all these things, and I'm still happy after, because of you.

I will be going out tonight, with my lovely Naughty Table family. Oh, haven't I told you about them? When I say "Naughty Table", I mean my Uni mates that I hang out with from time to time (when we can get time off our hectic schedules; growing up is no joke!). Why that name, you may ask? One of our tutors at uni was so fed up with us that she gave up teaching, apparently, and we all sat at the same table (when we actually went to class). Hence, Naughty Table.

Here are some pictures of us throughout the years:


At the First End of Semester Fiesta
 At Tegan's 19th (I think)
 At Tegan's 21st, two years later (and I look like a kid)
 At Tia's 21st (damn we good looking)
 Enjoying Pizza at the ABC, a Naughty Table fav
At Jayden's 21st
During the Naughty Table Good Friday outing

I'll show you more photos of us one day, if you'd like. They're an important part of my life, and I'm so blessed with good friends who have my back like they do. It's usual for most people to hang out at uni and go through the motions, not making any meaningful friends, since uni classes can be quite large (COUGH MELB COMMERCE STUDENTS COUGH), so I'm grateful that I took something like Creative Writing, and eventhough we're not graduating in the same year, I'm loved so much so that these lovely people still call me family. Tia, Tegan, Abra, Jayden, Georgia, Adina and Lee, this one's for you.

Oh, you're asking me why I'm not graduating with them?

That's a story for another day. I have one hour to prepare for a big night out with me naughty familia, and am contemplating whether or not to dye my hair red. I hope that you have a liking for unnaturally red hair, as I do, but I will love you regardless.

Love,

Nigel 





No comments: