Wednesday, April 13, 2011

TCSJ, or Like a G6

So for those of you who aren't in the know, I'm conducting my life in KL right now. That's right, conducting. I see this year as a big buildup for the grand finale at the end. This year is practically the most important year of my life, and so it should be!

College life is no easy matter. It's great, and it's fun, but it's a whole lot of work too, especially if you're taking South Australian Matriculation (SAM). SAM is a one-year (10 months, really) course that consists of 70% internal assessment (presentations, folios, class tests) and only 30% external (end of year assessment). So it's impossible to slack off, unless you want to repeat your SAM year (which I believe two of my classmates are doing; taking SAM lightheartedly is no wise choice), and I DO NOT want to do that. I want to get to RMIT, get me my paper certification that I can write oodles and doodles and off to work and start a family for me, independent of my parents. Because I don't want to burden them. Also because I don't like relying on them, because decisions have to be made taking them in to account as well.

College is awesome. I have met SO many new friends, and they're all great. Most of them. All of them, fine. All of them are great. If I had my wedding today (and this is a question I ask myself from time to time), I'd definitely be inviting some of my college mates, and possibly even in the future I will too.

Lectures are great too, because lecturers are so friendly, and it's easy to talk to them casually and it makes it very interesting to learn. I say this not because I'm what you may call a nerd, but because it helps a whole lot in scoring well when you actually enjoy the subject because of the teacher.

Taylor's is great. I have no idea why you'd go to somewhere to IS if you could afford TCSJ. It's not like it's a popularity contest here. We actually learn stuff.

No comments: